AC switch

I'm looking for an opto-isolated input triac that can do about 1-2 amps. I have found some that are in the milliamp range intended for driving small loads or the gates of larger triacs, but nothing such as a 4 termimal device in the 1-2 amp range, 24VAC. Any help?

Reply to
Bryan Hackney

found some

larger triacs,

Try Toshiba.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany schrieb:

... or SHARP. They have a large range of complete SSRs in different packages.

-- Dipl.-Ing. Tilmann Reh Autometer GmbH Siegen - Elektronik nach Maß.

================================================================== In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates ? (Sun Microsystems)

Reply to
Tilmann Reh

You either need to buy a "solid state relay" module or build your own with a

6-pin opto-isolated TRIAC driving a larger 3-terminal device, plus a few R's and C's for snubbing. The second option is usually much cheaper, and it is not too hard to do, but the SSR modules come with a nice UL sticker already on them.

have found some

gates of larger triacs,

help?

Reply to
Ian McBride

Thanks to all for suggestions. It looks like Sharp has the best selection in the 1-2 amp single package. They have 1.2 amp in an 8-DIP, which is perfect for the application.

Reply to
Bryan Hackney