8051 Keil C site updated!

Am 08.07.2010 06:38, schrieb George Neuner:

Well, people's mail address in their newsgroup headers is usually bogus these days (guess we can thank the Gibe worm for that), so there's not much to be gained from including it in the attribution.

It's the default attribution format of TBird, too. I haven't found the motivation to change my news user agent's attribution format after the most recent machine switch, which is why it's still in German. TBird hides that setting too well.

It's pretty darn obvious they're the same person. Which begs the question why the change of name (and address) mid-thread, or the claim not to remember having done made the change.

Reply to
Hans-Bernhard Bröker

Am 08.07.2010 03:34, schrieb Muzza:

It doesn't. Your stubborn refusal to accept the fact that your site is, by any applicable definition, a commercial effort, and thus your posting is spamn, does. And your style of argumentation does, like trying to discredit other people's statements as "psychic", when the major user of telepathy-based knowledge here is yourself.

What you're making here is no contribution. It's a commercial offering.

So you're still deluding yourself that your service, although _requiring_ a payment, were not-for-profit by the applicable, legal definition. And that unsolicited advertising for it weren't spam. Well, for the umpteenth time: you're wrong on both counts.

Right. So rise above that level, why don't you?

Reply to
Hans-Bernhard Bröker

Ahem.... Murry, the web site you pointed us to is commercial. That is OK, but it does not really fit the definition of "contribution".

You know, when you started this thread, I said to myself, "His name sounds familiar, I guess he has contributed to the microcontroller community quite a bit in the past."

I suggest you continue to do this, and to not try to turn it into a commercial endeavor.

You must also consider that what you offer may not be worth what you are asking people to pay for it. What you offer may be much better as a true "contribution". Sorry, but that means free. A lot of people offer a lot of things free, some better than others, but free.

If this endeavor is really costing you a lot of time and money that you cannot afford, I would opine that perhaps the time has come that you cannot contribute. We would like to thank you for what you have done in the past, and suggest that you find something you like to do.

Gary Peek

me

no

Nothing anonymous about me squire, if you cant email me its because your hiding behind an anonymous address yourself. Try using the address your isp gave you.

I think my contribution was posative, aside from maybe saving someone time and money it should have spurned you on to look again at your effort. Sadly it looks like one out of two.

Well what would impress you?

Can do have done, and yourself?

Reply to
cbarn24050

That's largely because Google continues to allow arbitrary addresses ... most contract news providers don't and even some free providers have cracked down.

It's mostly fallout from the legal problems they had with the binary groups and all the lawsuits demanding the posters be identified. A lot of providers dropped the binary groups entirely, but the march to eradicate anonymous posting continues.

George

Reply to
George Neuner

There is a commercial site (pay me to download my software) at the end of that link - your post is the textbook definition of SPAM.

For the rest of the world, there is better software out there FOR FREE!

RK

Reply to
Chris Burrows

I hadn't frequented this particular newgroup until fairly recently and am at a loss to see why everybody is ganging up against the OP. Is there some past history, baggage or prejudices that I am not aware of? Whatever the reason, this newsgroup has been a particularly unpleasant place to visit during the last couple of days.

On the subject of what is or what is not spam, only today there were five new posts here with the following subject titles:

New Era Hats Discount ca caps paypal wholesale fashion shoes Jordan shoes wholesale men's shoes

I have no difficulty identifying those posts as spam. However, I can see no particular problem with Mr Van Luyn's post - at the very least it was on topic. I also checked the charter of this newsgroup and could find no reference to any problems with posts that referenced the sale of commercial software.

--
Chris Burrows
CFB Software

al

Thanks for posting this, I was about to write something in that spirit. I have neither looked at the OP code nor do I use any 8051 nor do I buy software, for that - but there is nothing wrong with his single commercial post. We do post links to new products of CPU vendors etc., so why is he not allowed to post one, just because he is small or because his code is supposedly no good (no idea about that, might be great)? Could it be the entire load of hatred which was poured comes from people who are wanna-be self employed programmers like he apparently at least tries to be?

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff Transgalactic Instruments