8051 Compiler

I have allways used ASM51 to compile my 8051 .asm code but I find it doesnt work on Vista. Looking for Assembly compiler/assembler for the 8051 series that works under vista. I know there are C compilers, but I am looking for .asm Thanks in advance

Reply to
Me

I don't work in Work in windows any more; but, I used to use a multi-processor, table based assembler called TASM. It worked well for my purposes at the time. Cannot be sure that it works under Vista. The best that I can tell is that it is shareware and the home page seems to be:

It may be worth your while to try. If it doesn't work directly under vista, you might still use it inside of DOSbox on Windows:

Alternatively, you could install a small partition with DOS 6.22 or FreeDOS.

Reply to
Tim Harig

DOS Box is probably the best way to go. I use it under Vista 64 Ultimate to run a bunch of old DOS tools. Just try to stay away from long filenames, all that ~1, ~2 crap can get old.

Reply to
WangoTango

You might try this, running under cygwin on WinDoze. I use cygwin regularly under XP and it is rock solid. I've not used this compiler, but it's been around a long time now:

Tim Daneliuk     tundra@tundraware.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Daneliuk