I am trying to build a 8051 based single board computer. I am planning to have an ADC (0804) and serial port drivers ( 1488 and 1489) on it too. The project is to read the voltages form the temparature sensor and update a website portal using serial port.
And I have following worries and questions
- Let suppose the temparature sensor updates itself every one second. The 8051 is also commnunicating with the PC via serial port and then PC is updating the portal. My question is that how will I keep everything synchronize?
- What should be the size of the RAM and EPROM?
- What should be the relation between the serial communication baud rate and the update rate of the portal and the ADC update rate?
- How can I measure the serial baud rate generated by the 8051?
- Can somebody advice me how to make interface with portal on the PC side?
Please advice! John