Benchmarks for energy measurement

Hi to everyone,

Does any of you know what kind of benchmarks to use in order to measure the energy of embedded systems?

Thank you, LD

Reply to
leonadavinci

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 23:47:17 -0800 (PST), I said, "Pick a card, any card" and snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com instead replied:

Watt are you talking about?

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

EEMBC has an energy benchmark:

--
Pertti
Reply to

I will explain what I mean. In the bibliography there are some models that can estimate the energy that the software consumes without the need to measure the actual system using electrological or electronic equipment. Of course these models are not so accurate but it's a solution. What I want is source code freely distributed in order to measure its energy consumption for a specific architecture. LD

Reply to
leonadavinci

What bibliography? Would I be right in thinking this is homework?

So you want to calculate processor power consumption. Not "embedded system" power consumption. You can usually get this sort of thing from manufacturers data - power consumption vs. clock speed. Is that what you're talking about?

TW

TW

Reply to
Ted

Illumenating reply, Ray.

Reply to
s0lstice

0.5 * mass * square(velocity). Works for anything.
        Joyeux Noel, Bonne Annee.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
CBFalconer

CBFalc> 0.5 * mass * square(velocity). Works for anything.

Only for kinetic energy. Won't help for potential energy.

Reply to
Eric Smith