8-bit board with VGA?

apologies if this question has been asked before... this newbie is looking for a board with an 8-bit CPU (an 6808/6811/6812 best of all) with a VGA output either on board or piggyback and besides, some or all of the common interfaces I²C - CAN - USB - RS232 - ...

TIA

Karel from the low countries

Reply to
karel

I used to have the paperwork on an Australian board that used the Hitachi 64180 (Z80 clone) and had IDE, VGA and various other goodies on it. Can't find it though -- it looked to be great fun :(

pete

--
pete@fenelon.com "there's no room for enigmas in built-up areas"
Reply to

I guess you will have difficulties to find such a 8-bit board with USB, as very few micros support USB as a host (except Cypress's ?). Why not using a low cost ARM-based board, like ARMCore

?

Cheers, Robert

"karel" a écrit dans le message de news:41658bef$0$4132$ snipped-for-privacy@news.skynet.be...

Reply to
Robert Lacoste

-) the list of interfaces was only as an indication if USB is hard or expensive to have, i'll go without it

-) the ARM Core was pointed out by others, but at 1600 US$ it is above budget and worse than slightly!

Thanks just the same!!!

Reply to
karel

"karel" a écrit dans le message de news:

4166b9bf$0$10417$ snipped-for-privacy@news.skynet.be...

Just for the completeness of the answer : The ARMCore is around starting around $40 depending on options and volumes, but that's right that the evaluation kit is 1600$, including accessory hw and more importantly services...

Reply to
Robert Lacoste

By the way, if cost is an important criterion, there are still ARM possibilities. For example the Revely RMS101,

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

Thanks to all who responded! The REVELY thing comes close but I'm unsure about programming it in assembler this is why I prefer the 6808/11/12

Reply to
karel

Hi Karel , check

it uses a 100$ fpga board that emulates an 6808 , has VGA and keyboard. Viron.

Reply to
Viron Papadopoulos