Subject Author Posted Replies

Certification of embedded cellular devices (specifically PTCRB)
Hi, I am in the early stages of designing an embedded industrial product that w ill require a persistent cellular connection. I have been looking into what certifications my device will require for a...

powerpc emulator
I need to run a couple of powerpc routines through an emulator to see what funky conversions are happening. Ive googled around and cant find a stock C source tree i can compile and use. Preperably...
4
4

GAMARENA
Ever felt goosebumps when a computer AI plays wiser than you in a video game? ITrix proudly presents GAMARENA, an online AI tron battle challenge, sponsored by codingame Here is the chance to create...

C cross-compiler for 6800 (yes, you read correctly)
Hi All, Resurrecting an ancient project from the 80's: simply for nostalgia's sake... Googling has turned up a few links but most are for defunct OS's (eg FLEX). Assemblers are still around as a last...
103
103

Cortex M0 vs. M3
I just noticed that the tool chain I'm using (arm-none-eabi from Codesourcery, version 4.6.3), does not seem to know what to do if I specify the M0 core to the compiler. Does anyone in the collected...
16
16

The UK Device Developers' Conference 2014
Hi, just to let you know about this year's conference. We are running it in four locations, to make it easy for engineers and deve lopers to attend. The UK Device Developers' Conference - 20th/22nd...

11 days to go before submission deadline - ICDIPC2014 Malaysia
All registered papers will be included in SDIWC Digital Library, and in the proceedings of the conference. TITLE: The Fourth International Conference on Digital Information Processin g and...

CfP : ICEEE2014 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Submission Deadline: Feb. 18)
The Third International Conference on E-Learning and E-Technologies in Educ ation (ICEEE2014) Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation (APU) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia March 18-20, 2014 The...

Why is STMFD equivalent to STMDB?
Hi, I read the following ARM code on line. I do not understand why it said that : STMFD is equivalent to STMDB. Could you explain it to me? Thanks, Function entry: STMFD sp!, {r4-r6,lr} ? ?Store...
1
1

Question about ARM execution cycles
Hi, I want to know ARM execution cycle numbers on ARM A8. I know TI DSP C6000 V LIW well. ARM, on the other hand, seems really weird to me. I know ARM is s uper-scalar structure. Anyway, ARM...
1
1

Interfacing CAN directly to PCIe bus
I'm working on retooling a project that is an embedded Intel Core i3 system running Linux with a PCAN mPCIe card to interface to our two CAN buses. Cu rrently we're using an Intel NUC motherboard, but...
12
12

Tutors / study materials to quickly ramp-up Linux kernel / Linux device drivers for non-Linux embedded experts
Could some one point me any Linux tutor / study material which is written for embedded programmers those who are already familiar with RTOS, low level device driver programming skills? Thanks in...
2
2

Bootloader
Hi all, I am new to Embedded design industry. I have some questions regarding C and bootloader. 1. What is the use of pointers, function pointers, structures, structure pointer, array of structures,...
12
12

How much RAM can I embed inside an ASIC design today?
Hello all, Is it possible to embed 10 or 100 or 1,000 GBytes of RAM inside an ASIC design today? In general, what would be the maximum I could fit, if cost is not a limitation? Why? Our need would be...
5
5

gui
hello I show picture in axes of gui in my computer and I send the gui file to another computer but now this computer do not show picture because I want to do not send the picture file in second...
1
1