Subject Author Posted Replies

Journal Special Issue on Software Development for Multi-Core Computing Systems
CALL FOR PAPERS Scientific Programming Journal Published by IOS Press Special Issue on Software Development for Multi-Core Computing Systems AIMS AND SCOPE: The improvement of single-processor...

gcc-toolchain for freescale's MC9S12X (68HCS12) ??
Hiya folks, as you might guess from the subject: I'm trying to find a toolchain for freescale's hcs12 or S12X family of microcontrollers. Currently i'm using Codewarrior on the Windows machine at...
10
10

MC68020 Embedded System HW Reset Problem - Need Help
Hi - I am hoping that someone could give some pointers as to how and attack a reset (double bus fault) problem with an embedded 68020 board that was originally designed by HP in a piece of test...
5
5

Kernel starts dropping incoming ping packets
I am writing a device driver for a modem. I can successfully continuously ping to my modem for 8 to 10 minutes. After that, I can no longer ping to it, but I can ping from it. I have determined that...
3
3

New ARM Cortex Microcontrollers from STMicroelectronics have More of Everything
STMicroelectronics has announced a significant expansion of their STM32 ARM Cortex product family: New features include five USARTs on one microcontroller, a DAC, new memory interfaces, and up to...

buck-boost
i want the inductor to store energy during time of mosfet and release i during time off.
3
3

New STM32 families
FYI http://www.st.com/stonline/stappl/cms/press/news/year2008/p2290.htm

CodeWarrior for HCS12X - ANSI-compliant??
Hey folks, i got some strange problems with CodeWarrior for freescale's HCS12X family. On various occasions it complains about variable types like "uint8_t" not being defined. As far as i know,...
10
10

scripting language for automated testing?
Hello, does anybody know some scripting language for automated testing of the embedded target? Intention is to have embedded target connected to Windows PC either via RS-232 or USB to be able to...
9
9

Voltage from high impedence? (Newbie)
I understand from studying electrical science that the "ideal volt meter" would have infinite resistance and that it would draw no current whatsoever. However I know in reality that our volt meters...
27
27

TCP/IP Stacks for STR9
I am working on new design on the STR9 that requires Ethernet. I have ver little knowledge of Ethernet, as on previous applications we hav transmitted data (in a variety of protocol formats such as...
7
7

Re: Free pascal compiler for the 8051 family of microcontrollers
Igor: good work! are there any commercial Pascal compilers for 8051? Chris, you may be surprised, but when I wrote code in pascal back in the '80s I didn't need any of above, most of the "bugs" were...
2
2

DSP Libraries
Hi All , Are there any opensource/commercial DSP libraries available? Specifically for Digital communications? BR Rate
5
5

buc-boost converter
PROBLEM The 20V Supply voltage drops to low 10V , however if I connect th resistor in place of inductor the supply doesn't drop it remains 20V Anyway my suspection is that there is too much current...
1
1

RS 485 wiring with CAT5 cable
I am using RS485 bus with 8051 which is working fine ( one master & 1 slaves) My problem is how to wire these slaves using CAT5 cable which singl stranded. At every slave the there is T joint to CAT5...
4
4