RS 485 wiring with CAT5 cable

I am using RS485 bus with 8051 which is working fine ( one master & 1 slaves)

My problem is how to wire these slaves using CAT5 cable which singl stranded. At every slave the there is T joint to CAT5 cable How to mak this joint very reliable.

Reply to
1206.sachin

The same connectors that the telecom industry uses:

I've also seen them at hardware stores, so check around.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Thanks for reply but This link is invalid I tried the same product name & found it on othe site but they are all for telephone 2 pair OR 3 pair , Where as I need al

4 pairs of CAT5 cable >
Reply to
1206.sachin

If you are using RS-485 this is a 2-wire connection, so one pair from the CAT-5 cable is sufficient (provided that the line is properly terminated and each device has pull-up/down resistors for "fail-safe" termination).

If you do not use the fail-safe termination, you must also use a third wire as a signal ground, so you will have to use one wire from the second pair.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Keinanen

other

all

I am using other 2 pairs to send power to nodes

Reply to
1206.sachin