Subject Author Posted Replies

Reliably using memory cards and file systems in embedded systems
Hello all, What is the best way to use non-user-serviceable memory cards with file sys= tems in embedded systems that can lose power at any time? The way I see it,= there are two problems that need to...
20
20

When invoking clearmake, why symbol definition doesn't work on the command line?
I type the following on command prompt: H:clearmake -f "CCD_FLAGS += -dMACHINE1" It looks like the source file that has MACHINE1 compile time flag around it is not getting built. When I look at the...

Battery backup USB powered product
I am looking for a external mains failure battery backup option for our USB powered product. Our product has micro usb 5V power input connector at 1amp. We wish to keep this powered in the event of a...
8
8

Namespace paradigm and lexicon
Hi, I'm trying to come up with an "intuitive" model for presenting namespace concepts to "casual"/non-tech-savvy users. E.g., MS adopted the terminology of "folders" instead of "subdirectories" in...
30
30

Linux: DMA transfer to memory mmapped into user application
Hi, I need to write a driver in which the DMA engine (namely the PDC in AT91SAM9260) transfers the data directly to the buffer mmapped into the user application (allocated by vmalloc_32_user or...
3
3

Segway and their ilk
Hi, In recent weeks, I have been repairing "electric wheelchair" and similar devices for a local non-profit. There appears to be a lot of variation among these designs. And, within a design, there are...
5
5

Production Programming of Flash for FPGAs and MCUs
Someone on Linkedin asked about a stand alone device for programming the flash for FPGAs in the field or in a production environment. There doesn't seem to be anything currently available like this....
15
15

How to selectively build software for different machines?
We have slave target board that is based on Freescale HCS12 Microcontroller. This target board is installed in our machines. Up to now, we have identical source files and common executable for all...
2
2

Inexpensive USB (or RS-232) "terminal"
I'm thinking of doing some hobby electronics design, to augment my already busy professional schedule (I like punishment). The gizmo I'm thinking of building would be used out in the field, by folks...
26
26

External Micro/Mini USB Power supply
I am looking at designing a new product which will use a external DC power supply and because it has USB ports I was thinking of using a 5V supply and therefore a mini or micro usb type charger psu...
2
2

FAT16 boot record error
Hello, I'm developing a "USB card reader" which must read a 512 bytes non-writable memory and display it as a file. Since the 512 bytes memory contains only data which have to be stored in the file, I...
7
7

DuinoMite, the Maximite compatible is now available.
About a month ago, I gave a very good rundown on a new PIC32 based Micro-controller-Computer system that was about to be released. These boards arrived yesterday, and prices start at around $33. Just...

simplest monitor/debugger for p2020?
Hi, I'm looking for a simplest monitor/debugger for freescale's p2020 processor. The sources should compile under gcc, and boot from SD (after boot_format processing) into SRAM. Does anybody know...

STM32F2xx,bootloader from USB pen,is it possible?
Hi, I read in the datasheet about that by means the so called DFU is it possible to bootload when the STM32F2xx act as USB device. Anyone has hints or links about how to bootload from a pen drive...
8
8

vxworks standard I/O driver to be porting over RTEMS
Hi, I wrote a simple discrete I/O driver in vxworks OS. This driver has no interrupt, no semaphores or DMA (very simple driver). I need to port this driver into the RTEMS 4.10 platform and I have run...