Camera arrived - photos NOT posted yet

Good afternoon, all interested parties-

Adam's camera arrived safely and soundly shortly after I posted that it had not yet done so. Apparently there are to be no further exemptions from Murphy's Law for a man who needs a lung transplant, has had all his possessions stolen in a "civil matter" by a (most uncivil, I must say) transport company, and of course veteran of over

300 court appearances, not to mention standing trial in the court of usenet!

I have taken the whole roll of film with the camera Adam so kindly provided, and to repay him for his kindness have decided to boldly go forward and have the camera developed so that I might post the photos as quickly as possible for the doubting thomases of our little usenet family to view...and weep! Once I've scanned in the photos, I'll send them electronically to Adam, so that he can independently verify. I've included views of the device with a calorimeter, a colorimeter, an iluxmeter, an amp meter, a voltmeter, a coulombmeter and an odometer. The leads to the device can clearly be seen and traced in the photos.

A tough battle took place, but we have managed a victory! Your army has taken 152 new acres! 38 buildings survived and can be refitted to fit our needs. Taking full control of your new land will take 18 days. Your new land will be available on June 5th, YR13. 777 peasants also settled on your new lands. We lost 225 Soldiers, 60 Heros, 27 Elf Lords, and 212 War Horses in this battle. 112 of our Heros have been trained into Elf Lords. Our forces will be again available on June 5th, YR13. We killed about 190 enemy troops. We also imprisoned 194 additional troops in our Dungeons. Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amount of blood. Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amount of blood. Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amount of blood. Deutschland uber alles.

Thank you for your continuing indulgence.

Yours sincerely

Peter E. Lowrie. Chairman, Free Electron. High St, Lower Hutt, 6009. New Zealand.

++64-4-9766712
Reply to
Peter Lowrie

Ok....so could somebody explain to me what the hell all this rambing is about. Whatever it is...it sounds fascinating. Kim

Reply to
Neil

[snip]

Search for some of Peter's earlier posts. He claims to have invented a device to improve the brightness of LEDs. Some people are sceptical. The camera is to take photos of the device being tested.

I have no idea what the stories of victorious elves or Peter's woe were for.

Tim

--
The .sig is dead.
Reply to

If I were Adam, I'd want the actual negatives... No disrespect to Peter, I'd say exactly the same thing if it were my own self taking the pictures. "Verification rather than trust" is the point of the enterprise, and digital images are just a tad too easy to modify.

Reply to
Walter Harley

digital

I reckon it's about time this pair got on with their lives !! They've turned into a right pair of Wallies !!

--
Regards ............... Rheilly Phoull
Reply to

I read in sci.electronics.design that Tim Auton wrote (in ) about 'Camera arrived - photos NOT posted yet', on Sun,

14 Dec 2003:

Which PLANET are you on? Think 'Rings'.

-- Regards, John Woodgate, OOO - Own Opinions Only.

PLEASE do NOT copy news posts to me by E-MAIL!

Reply to
John Woodgate

Is it a bell?

Tim

--
The .sig is dead.
Reply to

Peter,

pictures.

turned

I deeply regret that Concorde has been retired, I watched it take off from Edinburgh Airport to London Heathrow on it`s last day, though don`t think Concorde was ever used for mail.

So unless the U.K Post Office are using rocket mail, they have experimented with it, or a long range supersonic jet fighter for Airmail, dont think so.Hard to imagine how Mr Lowrie could have received his camera in less than

48 Hours fom Edinburgh to Lower Hutt.

Perhaps the clue is in the address of this supposed `Peter Lowrie` , again I am at a disadvantage of my news server missing the original post and only seeing the quoted message. However the `Peter Lowrie` posting is the impostor using a yahoo.com.au return address. X-Trace on the impostors last post showed the IP address used by the impostor to post to Google Groups belonged to golden.net a Canadian ISP.

Perhaps it is the impostor who needs to get on with their life, or return to their fantasy role playing game, but not on usenet please.

Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

I read in sci.electronics.design that Tim Auton wrote (in ) about 'Camera arrived - photos NOT posted yet', on Sun,

14 Dec 2003:

No, it's a VERY BIG BASS DRUM, and the Balrog is coming for YOU!

http://www.isce.org.uk
PLEASE do NOT copy news posts to me by E-MAIL!
Reply to
John Woodgate

I read in sci.electronics.design that Rheilly Phoull wrote (in ) about 'Camera arrived - photos NOT posted yet', on Sun, 14 Dec 2003:

That moniker dates you, if you got it from the original source.

http://www.isce.org.uk
PLEASE do NOT copy news posts to me by E-MAIL!
Reply to
John Woodgate

message

experimented

than

last

Agreed! Never fear, I have dealt with the golden.net user. whereas there may be more posts from this wag I suspect they will be disconnected in the not too distant future. There have also been a couple of trolls trying to get me to email them with pop mail rather than webmail. Doomed to fail.

In fact the camera has not arrived. The agreement with Mr. Adam Aglionby is that I will NOT develop the images - he will. I am not going to breach any agreements that would imperil goodwill.

A NZ newspaper will be publishing an article on the LED Accelerator in the near future. When this occurs I will post the details here for your information (and amusement).

The LED Accelerator will be on display at an upcoming expo to be held in Wellington between 10 - 20 January 2004. Detials of the expo may be obtained from:

Peter E. Lowrie

Peter Lowrie

In message , Daniel Stern Lighting writes

If he is a charlatan, then he's got his focus right at the moment. Every man and his dog seem to be jumping on the LED bandwagon at the moment, with lot's of overnight "experts" coming out of the woodwork. If he manages to snare an "entrepreneurial" company gullible enough to splash a lot of cash on some far fetched concept, then good luck to him.

On the other hand, if the high level of litigation he gets involved in is actual fact as opposed to a fake posting by a provocateur, then maybe he's just trying to wind everyone up until someone makes a highly libellous statement, then he can make some cash running them through the legal mill. It's a few years since a clown did that with Demon Internet, and the courts were so technically illiterate that they found in the clowns favour at Demons great expense.

(I think the British legal system owes Demon Internet a LOT of money and an apology!)

--
Clive Mitchell
http://www.bigclive.com

Your cynicism is well placed in light of your many years experience in the industry, Daniel.

{Please note though, that the original post under this heading is fraudulent, I: the real Peter Lowrie, did not post the original post herein.}

In the next hour or so, I will post new information about the circuit including independent checking by an electrical/electronics engineer. In addition there is another lab that is eveluating the device and I will report their findings in due course. I have sent the circuit off to these places as advised by other erudite individuals in these NG's as a way to provide authoritative data.

That you have written those things about your perception of Moi, I feel bound to reply to defend myself - ever so gently...

That I am a certifiable nut is altruistic; let's get one thing straight...Many of history's greatest men were nuts, such nuttiness raising them above the bathtub curve of the mundane and uninteresting masses. Without the spark of nuttiness many new inventions and developments would not have been made. I prefer the term eccentric. If I was ordinary and of average intelligence I would not be so bold as to publicise my work and I would shrink back among the wall-flowers of mediocrity.

I hadn't thought of this before. People can say what they want, I have broad shoulders and I'm more interested in getting ahead instead of getting even.

I think the Westminister legal system is just that - a legal system. It certainly is not a justice system. Any [justice] system that pits adversaries against each-other will be prone to mistakes wherein one litigant argues more eloquently that the other, the truth does not prevail and an innocent party goes to jail or a guilty one is set free. The advesorial system works less efficiently than the inquisitorial system in which the truth is more likely to be arrived at than the former. The whole Westminister system that dates back hundreds of years is in need of overhauling to bring it into line with present day expectations and conditions.

--
Peter E. Lowrie

Peter Lowrie