Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Freezer Alarm
Im want to build this circuit. I am a novice at this. The diagram states that the alarm will go off when the freezer gets to be 0 C. Actually I think this is too late. Any freezer that goes kaput will...
8
8

OT? TV Uinversal Remote
Hello, Anyone in here know of a TV Remote Control that has the ability to change channels per a schedule?? TIA Les
20
20

Sorting resistors
Trying to sort through 100's of resistors. Do you all sort them by the third color band, or do you get down finer than that? Thanks for answers. Ivan Vegvary
25
25

printed inductors
When an inductor is printed on a PCB in the shape of a 'square wave' or square zigzag, each time it zags the trace doubles back on itself. Doesn't this cancel the magnetic field to an extent? How much...
44
44

Timer problem with Parallel port monitoring
Hey everyone, I'm very much so a newbie at electronics, but figured I'd try and tackle a problem for my scout group: making a pinewood car timer. I found this schematic online that uses optical...
9
9

Wikipedia: threat or menace?
So while reading up on air-core inductors I encountered three formulae for calculating the inductance of cylindrical inductors. (and d^2 * n^2 d = Diameter (in) L = --------- n = Turns 18d + 40l l =...
19
19

Ping uncle steve
Hey, I took time out of my life in order to address your concerns, provided a solution for you with respect to the "Transistors" thread, and yet you seem to be avoiding acknowledgement of my favor....
8
8

Transistors
Ok, this is a question that is not so battery-charger specific, but is obviously related. So here's a circuit fragment: 18V +----+--------__^------///-----------+ | 2n3055| 0R5 | | | 5W / | | 5R10W |...
60
60

Monostable circuit with ne555
ne555 monostable circuit is very easy to prepare. Now there is online simulation as well as corresponding tutorial.

Testing machine errors with MCU based device
Hi. I want to monitor state of machine ( e.g. pump state, pressure, water level etc. ) with my MCU based controller/device. Would it be enough to use A/D converter or do i need D/A converter ? Based...
9
9

Whole house fan motor
Just recently purchased a house and it has a whole house fan. Unfortunately, the folks who installed the A/C disconnected the motorized louvers to get into the crawl space a couple months ago and I'm...
67
67

Ozone source?
I keep a small quantity of rubber bands in my garage that degrade rapidly. They crack and fall apart in ~2 months. The larger quantity which is in a plastic bag in the house stays flexible for at...
7
7

comments on this DC power supply?
I came across this item, which looks like a pretty good deal to me. Comments, reviews, suggestions?
1
1

More about special timing device
Thinking (I know, it's dangerous) this afternoon about my need for a special timing device led me to stop watches. If two stopwatches were wired together with three switches such that the first switch...
4
4

name & function of this component cover? (RF shield?)
I was taking a piece of scrap equipment (old cable modem, I think) apart just to see what was in it, & noticed two perforated removable cases around some of the components. Photos: I suspect the cases...
23
23