Security System

I am looking for an inexpensive home security system that I can install. All I need is: several wireless battery operator PIR sensors. Say three for now. base unit that will sound an alarm base unit will dial my cell number with a message base unit with battery backup. preferably rechargeable battery.

Much more complication is not desired.

Reply to
OldGuy

Visonic.

Reply to
Goran

Systems of that nature are readily available except for the part about calling your cell phone with a message. It may start to approach the cost of a monitoring service who will often install the equipment for free upon signing a contract.

Reply to
Tom Biasi

They can probably be had - for serious money!

Steve Ciarcia has probably published such a project in his Circuit Cellar magazine - there are also selections of projects in a Circuit Cellar collection of books.

If one of those fit the bill; any firmware is available on their ftp site.

Reply to
Ian Field