Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

How to debug and fix voltage droop in SMPS
Hi all, I am trying to get a TI TLV61220 step-up voltage converter to work properly under load. This is a difficult part for me to work with as it is very small -- SOT23-6 -- and, I suspect, finnicky...
6
6

OT: Great-grandson
OT: Great-grandson born this morning at 6AM MST ;-) ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan...
7
7

Before it's put on a slow boat from China
I need a 2.7uf 63V non-polarized capacitor for a speaker crossover. It is a radial lead 10mm x 22mm cap. Ebay has them from China. (slow boat) I've checked Digi-Key, Mouser, Allied, and Newark. I've...
13
13

Bi-stable Multivibrator
Need a flip/flop bistable with following features. Q and not Q must change states upon each positive input pulse. I have tried both a 4013 and 4027 b ut some crazy reason can't seem to get the desired...
17
17

Power Supply
Hi, I have been assigned to do some "switching power" ESD testing recently. I a m a beginner engineer. So, please forgive me and do not be offended, if I a sk dumb beginner's questions. I am using the...
1
1

OBD II Device
Does an OBD II device have the capability to read out battery voltage and charge / discharge current?
1
1

The ASOD Absolute Silence Of Death; Dead Mother Board or Something Else
The Dell Studio PC is dead. I tried to turn it on and got _nothing_ except the yellow green LED on the power supply which, from what I understand, on ly means it's plugged in. I checked the "on"...
6
6

Brushless three phase controller bypassed on full throttle?
As far as I know, bypassing the controller when using two power wires on a brushed cordless drill just means connecting the battery directly to the motor through a physical switch built into the...
3
3

What happened to the boat anchor manuals archive?
For a couple of days now, has been unreachable. I hope it hasn't died... is still a valid DNS entry, this isn't a domain name issue.
4
4

C122D1 pinout?
Moto SCR C122D1?s datasheet lacks pinout: This is the only datasheet out there that I can find. Anyone have a databook for this one? Thanks. SILICON CONTROLLED RECTIFIERS, C122D1 Datasheet, C122D1...
4
4

Why does this breaker pop?
I run my shop from a rotary phase converter and this setup has been trouble free for years. Then a couple years ago I bought a machine that runs on 480 volts that came with a transformer to boost 240...
10
10

Is this common for a brushless motor controller?
It has five data/signal outputs from the controller to the motor in addition to three heavy duty power wires. Not sure exactly where the power wires come from since the stuff is encased a glob of...
23
23

Rudimentary PC USB oscilloscope?
My main question is about PC USB-based oscilloscopes. The rest of this is specific to my problem(s) and may be overlooked. I'm using cordless drills to power electric bicycles. I have one built. It...
20
20

IDFT transform
If we have DFT coefficients, we can reconstruct the signal by using IDFT transform. Read more: and simulate

Parallel R-C circuit impedance
It is obvious that with signal frequency increase, impedance of parallel R-C circuit decreases, since impedance of the capacitor decreases with frequency, and capacitor is in parallel with the...