Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

solar based lighting system
hay watsup , i m in need of little help i have a project of solar based lighting system , motin sensors are also incarporated, battery will b charged by solar energy , if the battery is not charged...
4
4

Unstable LM92 question
Hi all, I've been experimenting a while with an LM92 temperature sensor: I'm a bit dissapointed, is it normal that a sensor with 0.33°c accuracy and a resolution of 0.0625 °C has its lower 2 to 3...
5
5

Looking to filter the noise on a Sharp IR sensor
I just hooked up a Sharp GP2D12 IR range sensor to a scope and saw that the output is very noisy. The sensor updates at 25Hz so I was thinking that if I were to add some kind of 25Hz low pass filter...
6
6

Regenerative Radios
I've been looking for a transistor regen schematic, finally found one, but it doesn't give the coil specs. I want to receive the AM band, from 530 kHz-1500 kHz. Any help on this very much appreciated....
12
12

Charging two batteries?
--Curious to know if there are any know downsides to stuffing an extra 12v battery in a car, hooking it in parallel with the existing one and expecting the alternator to charge both of them. I expect...
12
12

Cockroft-Walton generator
Hi all, I am trying to build a simple half-wave CW generator (aka Villard cascade) for my Physics class. At the moment, I have 4 stages composed of 1.5 nF capacitors (rated for 2kV) and diodes with an...
12
12

Back In The day?
A long while ago Radio Shack once had some power PNP ad NPN transistors that both came in a TO-5 metal casing. Those were nifty little transistors. Does anyone remember what those transistors were?...
2
2

MK 484 Radio - Tuning Capacitor Value?
I found a website that has construction details for a radio using the MK 484 IC. The site doesn't seem to say what variable capacitor value to use, I happen to have a fairly new 365 pF unit lying...
5
5

RMS voltage of a square wave
I was wondering if I take the RMS voltage of a messy looking square wave, a noisy square wave, with some measurement device, and I want to know the regular current of the thing can I take the RMS...
37
37

Amp Power Supply
I'm building an amplifier for my iPod, based on two LM380 chips, I was wondering if you could parallel the two amplifier sections off the one battery supply, which will be a 9 volt battery in series...
2
2

iPod Chargers Question
Why is it that some USB chargers cannot charge the Apple iPods? I tested multiple USB charges, and only those that say "for iPods" work.
2
2

max7480 chip
hello I am trying to use the filter max7480, I made the circuit as per the datasheet. But i am getting nothing in the ouput. I tried capacitors in the clocking for internal clocking and also external...
1
1

Hall effect sensor
Hello I hope I can clear up some confusion about reading specification sheet on hall sensor. First the UGN3503U chip. on the web page author calculates the Gauss with the following equation: The hall...
9
9

300 ohm to 75 ohm impedance matching "transformer"
I bought a 300 to 75 ohm "matching transformer" to hook up to a home built TV antenna. The matching transformer looks exactly like the one on this URL: I have a couple of questions: Can these matching...
3
3

Building an input device to send a specific keystroke (or set of keystrokes) to a computer
I want to build a device (ideally USB) that functions as a keyboard, to an extent. I don't want it to have all the keys however. There is a particular application that requires only a single key:...
11
11