Latest threads in Hobby Electronics Basicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

anti spam technique?
If you click on several of those spam clothes ads, they all have a similar 'looknfeel' with a live help window floating around. I've send a couple of messages back telling them that its futile to...
7
7

TV remote IR receiver module
Are TV IR remote control receiver modules frequency selective? I know that remote control systems use PWM and the pulses are decoded by a microprocessor. What I would like to know is whether the...
7
7

Switching topologies for power electronics
What is the difference between a full or half bridge constructed out of MOSFETs, and one constructed out of IGBTs? What are the pros and cons of each, and which would be more suitable for a high...
4
4

Counter/ Timer Circuit
I=92m a baseball coach at a high school and when we use our pitching machine our players want to hit more balls than they should. I would like for an alarm to go off after a pre-determined amount of...
5
5

A mechanical volume control that actually works!
Like most everyone else, I have had many devices that included a mechanical rotary volume control. And as far as I can remember, on every single device, the volume control eventually failed, usually...
1
1

Sallen and Key's classic 1955 paper
I am looking for the seminal paper by Sallen and Key entitled, "A Practical Method of Designing RC Active Filters." I am currently compiling a list of resources for an application report I am writing...
32
32

Agilent DMMs?
I've got an Agilent meter on the way for review in my blog, so hopefully will have a review soon. Dave. -- ================================================ Check out my Electronics Engineering Video...
7
7

Broadband transformer center tap?
I want to use a transformer on the output of a DAC on a AD9834 DDS IC. Heres is a picture of using a transformer on the output of one of Analog devices DDS IC's. If I want to transform from 200ohms...
2
2

Need a beeping device
Hi, I am looking for a component to control from a microcontroller to make a beeping noise, nothing to loud but to sound electronic and not like a buzzer. I just need an audible alert that is not to...
4
4

Test equipment search
I have been wanting a particular test system from a company called ABI Electronics in the UK ( They have a test rig called the system 8000 and it does just about everything you would need for a test...

AC coupled offset and gain problem
I am having trouble understanding the behavior of a circuit I am using to apply gain and offset to a triangle wave. The circuit in question is here: My triangle wave output is 4 +/- 1.6 V, and I want...
4
4

How delicate is the output of a CMOS IC?
Are standard CMOS logic ICs any more susceptible to damage from external causes than BJT devices via the OUTput terminals? By external causes, I mean things like ESD or a mild leakage current from the...
3
3

Linear regulator
Hello HAs anyone ever tried to use a linear regulator to regulate a PWM signal? My situation: Input signal, 24V PWM 400Hz I want to have 12V PWM signal 400Hz I was thinking of using a linear regulator...
5
5

transistor astable multivibrator
Hi, when i make one of these using say 2n3904's and a couple of 10uf caps with a cycle time of about 1hz (r=100k approx) i find that the extinguishing led (the other will be lighting) never quite goes...
8
8

"6000 count" display?
Some DMM manufacturers state that the display of a meter is "6000 count" capacity. With all those 4 digits, the display could show 9999. Why is it called "6000 count"? Thank you.
6
6