Wish to drive LCD-TV with portable power supply

For putposes of video demonstrations in the field, I would like to operate a 32-inch LCD television set from the back of my van. I was thinking of carrying a couple of pre-charged deep cycle 6-volt batteries and a 2000w inverter (to 110v AC).

Screen size 32" - Watts: Standby 1.43 - Watts: Power on 140.04 - Per sq. in. 0.32

If there's a better way, please tell me.

Reply to
pixsnap

That's certainly the easiest; just plug it in. I assume that you've already got the inverter; 2KW is ten times as big as you need unless you have a lot of other stuff to run. If you ever want to use all 2000 watts, be aware that you will need *heavy* battery cables and connectors. 2000 watts at 12 volts is 166 amps and change, without allowing for inverter losses.

The TV runs on various low voltages, probably including 12V. The trouble is that it almost certainly needs various other voltages, so a DC-to-DC supply that meets its requirements would be hard to find unless the manufacturer happens to offer one as an option.

Reply to
Stephen J. Rush