LED voltage

Two questions really:

1: I have some old LED's but don't know what the forward voltage or current is for any of them. Is there anyway of finding out ?

2: If I have some LED's with a Vf of 3.4V and If of 30mA could I wire

94 of them in series and connect to mains AC supply of 230V with no limiting resistor. I have suggested 94 because this is 320 divided by 3.4 ( where 320 is the peak V for 230V RMS).
Reply to
davidt

Yes. View in Courier:

+5V>--> |
        | S1

        +-----+
      R1|     |
     [5000]
Reply to
John Fields

Thanks JF

Great answer to both Qs, much appreciated.

Reply to
davidt