Wireless Device Question What Component?

I am going to build a device like a remote control finder. I think I could eventually figure out a circuit that makes a noise, but what would I look at for the wireless part of it? Should I just take apart my cordless phone and look!

Thanks, don't know what to look at.

Reply to
jm

In terms of TV/VCR remotes and the like, they're not constantly powered-on, so there'd be no reply signal to a device you would make. I think the same applies to cordless phones.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

No, I'd just make a standalone and glue it to the device. I've seen them cheap on ebay, but thought I might take a whack at it.

powered-on,

jm

how about a long peice of string ?

Colin =^.^=