Where Can I Get an Older Duracell Two Battery Flashlight?

I've been buying Subject flashlights for years, but they seem either discontinued or scarce. The one I buy is about 5x2.5x0.75", squarish, orangish trim around the light and a dark (black) handle. One of the things I've liked about them is that the boxy design allow you to put it in your mouth and point it while having hands free.

Reply to
W. eWatson

Have you ever considered one of those head lamps?

they now come in LED form which work nicely and use less energy and maybe safer than taking a chance of getting one of those stuck in your throat?

Reply to
Jamie

I have to agree - LED lights are the way to go. The local Lowes has a

2 D-cell Mag-LED (MagLite with 3 Watt LED) for $15 this weekend. The mini-MagLED (uses 2 AA cells) is about $10-$12 with batteries and a case that fits on your belt. I've had the equivalent of one of these for years (original mini-MagLite + aftermarket LED replacement for the bulb), just not as bright as the current 3 watt LED version. I don't hold the mini-mag in my teeth because I don't like the taste of metal.

The local Home Depot has a 4-pack of LED head lights for $10. Lowes had a 2-pack (more LEDs in each light) for $10. There are a range of beam widths and brightnesses in the LED head lights, so check out more than one offering.

John

Reply to
news

I have three, but like the old ones for just ordinary use.

Reply to
W. eWatson

See my post above a minute ago. Yes, I like the LED too. However, for other purposes, I've liked the ones I'd like to find. Maybe Duracell has a web site. Maybe they have an LED version? :-)

Reply to
W. eWatson

Does it look like this DURABEAM?

Beryl

That's it.

Reply to
W. eWatson

Merry Christmas! Tell me where to mail it. gyroplank(at)rocketmail.com

Reply to
Beryl

I tried sending the msg below to you directly, but it failed. Ah, maybe I missed the (at)

I called Duracell and they no longer make them. Thanks for the offer. but, if you have three, then I'd like to purchase them.

Reply to
W. eWatson

snipped-for-privacy@missilemail.com except call it a rocket, not a missile. I only have one.

If you want it, be sure to say you're the REAL W. eWatson so I don't send it to an impostor! (Impostors, you're not allowed to do this)

Reply to
Beryl

Well, Ive tried a number of combos, but think I see my mistake, so I'll do the private post soon.

Reply to
W. eWatson

Got it! I replied once, or twice, or three times. Smoooth.

Beryl