What is a DYM?

Hi all,

I've recently been thinking of switching careers and getting back into electronics. I've been out of if for a while and was wondering what a DYM is? I've seen this a couple of times in want-ads, along with the requisite DMM's and VOM's that most techs use. I don't remember ever coming across a DYM before. I've tried Googling it, but no luck. Any help?

Sincerely,

Scott

Reply to
sjb

I suspect the problem lies in your reading "V" ("Letter Vee") as "Y" ("Letter Why") - Very similar looking (WAY too similar in some) in several fonts, and only a couple letters apart alphabetically, but definitely NOT the same animal! :)

I've never heard of a "Dee Why Em" either, but I've encountered *LOTS* of "Dee Vee Em"s. And all of them were "Digitial Volt Meters" - A subset of "Dee Em Em"s - "Digital Multi-Meters".

--
Don Bruder - dakidd@sonic.net - If your "From:" address isn\'t on my whitelist,
or the subject of the message doesn\'t contain the exact text "PopperAndShadow"

A typo?

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yup, I'd think it's a typo, too. They probably meant Digital Volt Meter (DVM).

Cheers Chris

Reply to
Chris

I thought about that but was wondering why they (the head-hunters) would put DVM right next to DMM. Anyway, thanks, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something...or, loosing my mind!

P.S. I'm pretty new to the group and have been enjoying it a lot. There seem to be several of you who contribute significantly. I look forward to participating!

Scott

Reply to
sjb

In contrast,

Second hit.

Tim

--
Deep Fryer: a very philosophical monk.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Williams

It's a Digital Yak Meter, invented by Bob Pease on one of his trips to Tibet.

But you know I'm kidding because he would never make a digital meter.

--
Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Not to mention that there are no "Digital Yaks". ;-)

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Headhunters aren't always smart.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Beena while since you've been to Tibet, eh? Rumor has it that *ALL* the "cool" yaks are wired these days, even if it's only with an iPod.

--
Don Bruder - dakidd@sonic.net - If your "From:" address isn\'t on my whitelist,
or the subject of the message doesn\'t contain the exact text "PopperAndShadow"
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don Bruder

head hunters know everything about hunting heads and very little about anything else.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

But they can be used as a quadriped encoder.