Water resistant motor

pounds!

---------- You haven't bought peanut butter for a while- nowadays both jar and lid are plastic.-at least the one marked "kraft" in my pantry is made this way :)

--
Don Kelly
dhky@peeshaw.ca
remove the urine to answer

> --
> Regards, John Woodgate, OOO - Own Opinions Only.
> The good news is that nothing is compulsory.
> The bad news is that everything is prohibited.
> http://www.jmwa.demon.co.uk Also see http://www.isce.org.uk
Reply to
Don Kelly

On Sunday 03 October 2004 08:23 pm, Don Kelly did deign to grace us with the following:

I think they haven't discovered plastic yet over there.

Reply to
Rich Grise

Check out the price per unit in the squeeze bottle compared to the older bottles, also there's a skill to designing containers that seem to hold more product than they actually do- so maybe they're not just punting.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

"Rich Grise" schreef in bericht news:7r58d.2425$r3.229@trnddc05...

the

way

Some products have plastic lids and a few also plastic jars. I think

95% is glass and metal. Easier to recycle, glass is collected in large glass containers and metal lids can be sorted from the garbage with magnets.
--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'x' and 'invalid' when replying by email)

I read in sci.electronics.design that Genome wrote (in ) about 'Water resistant motor', on Sun, 3 Oct 2004:

No, FB proposed:

No mention of any glass.

John Woodgate

I read in sci.electronics.design that Don Kelly wrote (in ) about 'Water resistant motor', on Mon, 4 Oct 2004:

I haven't seen any in UK yet, but I do have liquid honey in a plastic squeezy bottle. It's a big marketing mistake, because you don't waste any on spoons, the working top, your left boot, etc. Expect a sharp drop in sales. (;-)

OTOH, I do have pasta sauces in plastic jars. They would do.

John Woodgate

Buy a radio controlled boat!

sPoNiX

Reply to
sPoNiX

Some people are allergic to nuts!.

Reply to
Gordon Youd

On Monday 04 October 2004 02:32 am, Gordon Youd did deign to grace us with the following:

And some nuts are allergic to people!

Ha! I got it first!

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

On Monday 04 October 2004 01:45 am, John Woodgate did deign to grace us with the following:

Well, I don't know if I'm a representative or example or paragon of anything other than applied whimsy/lunacy, but I am a single, white, middle-working-class male guy, and I imagine that I'm not the only customer who would pay a premium price for honey in a package that doesn't spill all over your shoes and stuff. As with mustard. And, for that matter, ketchup. Hey! I think I've serendipitized a new axiom:

Guys like condiments that we can point.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

A small air pump - like used for aquaries??

The pump is left in a dry place and the hose can be as long as you like because there will be little pressure drop with the miniscule flow.

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

Good one Rich, I didn't see that coming.

Gordon.

Reply to
Gordon Youd

They grew because nylon absorbs water. When used for bearings for prop shafts in boats it ir rough machined, soaked, and the finish machined. Acetal plastics won't absorb water and make excellent bearings for low force, water lubricated, rotating assemblies. ERS

Reply to
Eric R Snow

Maybe a bubbler instead? Used in some place to keep dock pilings free of ice. Since it pumps air it doesn't need to be immersion proof.

Robert

Reply to
R Adsett

Hi Robert,

I have never seen a DC pump from a garden center and since my wife is into fountains and water features I have the distinct pleasure to take all of them apart whenever one croaks. All there is besides plastic stuff is an external winding that is fully encapsulated for safety reasons and the rotating core, with often rather flimsy "bushings". After a number of algae cleanings these bushings are what determines end of life, usually.

There may be a chance to get DC at RV centers since that stuff has to run off a 12V battery circuit. But it'll probably cost more.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

I read in sci.electronics.design that Rich Grise wrote (in ) about 'Water resistant motor', on Mon, 4 Oct 2004:

We've had aimable (and fairly amiable) mustard and ketchup in Britain for a long while now.

'they', not 'we'. There are rules to this sort of stuff. That used to include correct spelling; the creative people have often not been good at spelling but their errors get through nowadays because no-one knows any better.

John Woodgate

On Monday 04 October 2004 10:22 am, Joerg did deign to grace us with the following:

I don't understand why the guy doesn't just go to a landscaping store and pick up a pond pump. Or the pet store and get an aquarium pump. Or the marine store and get a bilge pump. Or a bubbler.

Maybe he's a troll, or, since I haven't seen any comment from him since the OP, maybe he's one of those ask-and-run guys.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Hi John,

Aha! Thanks for the hint. Come to think of it, what I found in there were nylon bearings :-(

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

I read in sci.electronics.design that Joerg wrote (in ) about 'Water resistant motor', on Mon, 4 Oct 2004:

You want the type of nylon bearing that some droid designed into central-heating pumps in UK about 25 years ago. Over time they GREW, and got tighter instead of looser, so that the pump seized up after about three years.

John Woodgate

Rich Grise wrote: [snip]

I see one reply from him in this thread:

Anyway, I've no doubt he really does want a water-proof motor and this was a serious question. Abdul (Abdul Ahad institutionalised himself :) is a regular on the astro groups. He likes to perform his own missions inspired by current developments in space exploration (tele-robotic rovers in the garden, that kind of thing) and discuss, ah, the future of space exploration. The OP was related to the former I suspect. I think he's harmless, certainly not a troll, but IMHO he could serve his interests better by diverting some of his enthusiasm into research.

Tim

--
Do you want your computer to trust a software vendor more than you?
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html