Video through antenna?

I have a little black and white sony watchman, and I want to wire up a little video camera to it. The problem is, the watchman doesn't have a line in. I'm pretty sure the same signal goes through the air as does through a cable, so is there a way I could bypass the amp for the antenna signal, and wire a "line in" cable to this thing?

Thanks, Alex

Reply to
Alex

Unless you have the schematic diagram of the watchman and are sufficiently knowledgeable to add a video jack, no.

You can get a video modulator (or rf modulator, depending on the copywriter) that converts the signal from the camera to a signal on TV channel 3 or 4. This you can connect to the TV antenna.

Jameco has one for $2.49

The modulator needs 12 volts DC for power. Jameco also has a 12 volt power supply for $4.95

For $7.50 and shipping you can connect the camera to the TV.

Or you can go to your local Radio Shack where they will sell you the same thing in a pretty box for $39.95

John

Reply to
John