VDA layout

Greeting all, I would like to know if anyone has any info on a video distribution amplifier, such as the PCB layout or overlay? I have one from Elektor, but am looking for another.

This is to assist me in the understanding and drawing the things in AutoCAD.

Thanks for your time

Reply to
Cynabar

I found the OPA692 an exellent IC to drive many video outputs(10) simultaneously.

You do not write how many outputs you want, what supply is available and what kind of assemby you use (through hole, SMD, wave, reflow). All require a different layout. Autocad is not good for layouts, it cannot make the required processing to produce Gerber files. It also cannot link to a schematic or netlist and doesn't have any suitable libraries. I recommend Eagle(cadsoft) which is free for the size of board you will need.

--
ciao Ban
Bordighera, Italy

Thanks, Ban. I was simply going to say, "Whoever talked you into trying to do electronics with AutoCAD is insane." But I did look, and it looks like they're trying to do it - but heck, for the schematics you could do with AutoCAD, you might as well use PC Paint. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

You may find this helpful.

GG

Reply to
stratus46

--
Winky noted, but, hardly.  Everything I post which is non-ASCII goes
through ACAD on its way to .pdf, and I doubt whether you could get the

Thanks everyone who repied,

It is worth noting that there are blocks in ACAD for different applications, but i would be easily convinced that there are easier design programs to use. But that is how i had to display the unit. I did not provide enough information about what i wanted, but thanks again for your time

Cheers Cynabar

Reply to
Cynabar