Ultrasonic range finding - components

tinkering

don't

robotics/electronice/microcontroller

It was a real nice scope. ;-) The B&K somebody listed in sci.electronics.equipment sold for $36.00.

I remember drooling over those when they came out. Look on e-bay, there's tons of used scopes in great condition for cheap.

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

I don't really have a full schematic, the majority of the circuit is identical to the schematic I posted in my own thread looking for some help. The subject line is "Need help with op-am/comparator circuit" and the group is sci.electronics.basics. And like I said, it's virtually identical to the one in the PDF except I had an LCD.

schematic. In my opinion, it is incomplete without the code. A hex file would be nice too so that no compiler is needed.

It was just a tinker toy project, but I could probably dig up the code. The HEX file wouldn't really be helpfull without an exact schematic of my circuitry. Besides, it's not a finished product anyway, just a proof of concept demo. It prints a "P" on the LCD indicating an outgoing ping, it then just displays the high portion of TMR1 for all the echos captured, which is a rough estimation of feet to target.

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

and this way looks like it'll teach me a lot! :-)

I meant that I want to learn about electronics. Interfacing with different parts, blowing stuff up, etc. Practice/experience is the best way to learn. If everything works as I expect it to, great, but usually, it doesn't, and obstacles means learning :-)

--
Danny
Reply to

Danny,

I think this PDF file may be exactly what you are after. Google for "application note an101" sonar sensor

or

Cheers,

Andrew.

Reply to