Sonar components


I am looking to build a Sonar-system that allows me to measure depth (under water). I found some references to National Semiconductor's LM1812 but this chip is no longer available, is there a equivalent or replacement? The biggest problem is finding a transducer. Does anyone know what searchphrase to use?, company's that produce/supply these? or places to find transducers?. The biggest criterium for the transducer is that i have to be able to use it at depths of 150-200 meters. Basically i want to make a system that warns me if the distance to the bottom is getting to small, so maximum measuring-range can be relatively small.

thanks, Laurens

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

Strangely, searching Google for "Sonar transducer" only gets about
423000 hits.
Reply to
John Fields

ElectronDepot website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.