TV signal line converter

Hi all, I'm looking to convert UK TV signal resolution down from 625 lines to 32 lines. Does anyone know of some off the shelf plans for such a beast? Thanks

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Am I correct in assuming the signal is in PAL?

Reply to
stevebriz

no, but I've got some software called aaplay that'll show video on a text display :)

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

to 32

Yes, I made a pocket (assuming you have big pockets) 32 line mechanical TV and I am wondering if it is possible to down-convert UK PAL signals so that I can watch some TV or DVDs on it for a laugh.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

It's certainly possible, using something along the lines of the commercially-available scaler/controller devices used in the "front ends" of LCD monitors - although I'm guessing that most of these will have a problem going down to a 32-line format. If all you wanted to do was a demo, it would probably be best to capture your PAL video (or from whatever source), downcovert it via a PC, and store the resulting horrible-looking

32-line video onto a USB stick or something, and let the "pocket TV" run off THAT. Let's say you shoot for a 48 x 32 pixel image; even at a byte per pixel (more than enough for this sort of thing), each frame only takes 1536 byes, so just a 32 MB stick would store 15 minutes of video, uncompressed, at 25 frames/sec.

Bob M.

Reply to
Bob Myers

Thanks, I'll give it a go.