Trimmer resistor rookie question

If a circuit schematic looks like: (a)

---------o---R4K7---------o ^ | | | > | /< R10K >

/ > < R4M7 / | >

| |

---(b)-------(c)-----------

(b and c are not in the original schematic, my example only for clarity)

And a trimmer has 3 terminals 1 2 3

Does the trimmer terminals 1 2 3 correspond to my example a b c or do I just wire it up as 1-a, 2-b like as connected as a variable resistor/rheostat? I suppose I just thought I knew how a trimmer works.

Appreciate any help; Thanks; Don

Reply to
Don

In this instance, its no different to a variable resistor !

--
Baron:
Reply to