speaker freq response

Radio Shack only had 100 micro henry inductors. If I'd gone to an industrial electronic store I could have found more. So I placed one in series with each speaker and it worked. The tinny sound was reduced but not eliminated, and the bass was boosted even further. I had the loudness enabled, which seemed to do better drowning out the tinniness. When I turned off loudness, I got real good midrange, acceptable treble, and still plenty of bass. The treble was still turned all the way down, though. I estimate a 500 micro henry inductor would work best, since that would allow treble at other than minimum on the control. I may mail order some.

-- dgm

Reply to
David McDivitt

Are you sure the head unit is ok? It may be crappy (or broken) and putting out a "tinny" signal at no fault of the speakers. Garbage in, garbage out.

Reply to
James Sweet

I thought about that. By head unit I assume you mean what's mounted in the dash. It is fine. I think the problem is common with all car stereo speaker kits. They are 3-way, 4-way, etc. They have little tweeters stuck on there. I probably could just cut the tweeter wire and solve the problem, but as I've found with other modifications to other things, I may wish to go back to what it was.

-- dgm

Reply to
David McDivitt