Sign of Genius

Notice the dodge?

=BF=BD

Yer projecting.

Just because I don't type "LOL!" doesn't mean I have some fun with the insecure idiots who do.

Here, let's try again:

"Those who are truly insightful are also wise enough not to apply it publicly to themselves."

What would happen if they did?

Some dunce typing "LOL!"?

Remember, no dodgin'.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

Learn some grammar, LOL!

JF
Reply to
John Fields

,

Did Swift fancy himself a genius and if he did, was he delusional?

Even as a little kid I never thought Swift's work was all that brilliant. On the other hand, maybe a mediocre writer could still have great insights.

Few here will deny Einstein was a genius. How is the Swift quote different than the infamous Einstein "great spirit" remark, beat to death more than any other quote by nerdy college sophmores?

Maybe great minds really _do_ think alike. In that case many would agree Swift was a genius.

The OP quote was presented by itself w/o comment.

The any inferences that the original poster applied it to anyone here can only be the result of projecting.

Bret Cahill

"Only nobodies are ever modest."

-- Goethe

Reply to
Bret Cahill

"Fun is the father of invention."

-- Bret Cahill

"Only nobodies are ever modest."

-- Goethe

Reply to
Bret Cahill

Doystoyevski or some Russian novelist said something to the effect that a young man will often not know his real value, he'll think he's good at one thing when he's really better at something else.

The original cite is much better.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

This one is even easier to call than the attempt to impress by claiming a profitable patent and then being too modest to post the patent number.

Notice the dodge?

Well at least you aren't swearing. That reduces readership.

I hate to burst your bubble, but anyone can google "Bret Cahill" and find out his real interests. It's easy for anyone to document that the dunces spend more time on my threads than _I_ spend on my threads.

I must confess, however, I'm a little curious. How do you manage to make yourself look increasingly stupid every time you post?

Here you are, suggesting something that can be easily disproved with the click of a mouse.

That wasn't true for your pretend patent.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

But they cannot look at your cartoon on

'cos it's not displayed anymore. Embarrassed by the comparison with John Larkin's site?

--
Stu Forrest
Reply to

Not there anyway.

Photographs of cards? What did that require? A camera?

Anyway you dodged the issue:

Anyone can google "Bret Cahill" and find out his real interests.

Trying to rewrite the public record is among the greatest of follies.

That's up there with bragging about a money making patent then being too modest to post the patent number.

In fact, it falls under the same category as "trying to rewrite the public record."

You can brag or you can be modest but if you do both in the same thread all kinds of flags and alarms are going to go off.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

--
Wrong again.

It isn\'t modesty, its an attempt to rankle you by not letting you have
your way, and it seems to be working pretty well, since you just can\'t
seem to let go of it.

Same way with the LOL thing.
Reply to
John Fields

No, no Brett. It's you who dodged my issue of why your cartoon is no longer displayed on your site. Care to tell us why?

--
Stu Forrest
Reply to

--
Bullshit.

It\'s perfectly appropriate to brag about being modest.

JF
Reply to
John Fields

This reminds one of perjury convictions. It's common to lie under oath. The police do it all the time. The definition of perjury, however, isn't lying but contradictory testimony under oath.

. . .

Somewhere Nietzsche debunks that one too but that's an entirely different issue.

You were trying to garner respect by claiming you had a money making patent and then you suddenly became too modest to post the patent number.

Now ignoring what 99.999% of functional readers believe, that you are a delusional loser and you have no money making patent, we still know by your _own_ posting that you cannot make up your silly head:

Do you want respect for having a patent?

Or are you modest about your patent?

And _no_ being respected for being modest is _not_ the issue.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

I encourage attempters. Just make sure it isn't something that will get you the Darwin award.

Or trying to rewrite the public record.

Can you even find _one_ sock puppet who will help you pretend you have a patent?

e to

The problem with acting stoopid is, well, everyone just thinks you are stoopid.

=2E . .

Is sounding like a delusional loser part of your routine too?

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

--
LOL, you didn\'t even get the intentional self-referential dichotomy,
you knuckle-dragging buffoon.

We all know that you aren't acting.

aioe.org, Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

There are two kinds of people on this earth: The crazy, and the insane. The first sign of insanity is denying that you're crazy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

--
No problem so far.
Reply to

(snip)

You are a fool.

You have certainly shown your stupidity on many occasions, ergo,.......

Reply to
Don Bowey

?A wise old owl sat on an oak; The more he saw the less he spoke; The less he spoke the more he heard; Why aren't we like that wise old bird??

Dean Hoffman

I have to ask. Can you read?

Why are you obsessed with John's patent? Is ther something we can do to help you. Maybe pass the hat to help with your medication? If you'll just name the time and place I'm sure we can get you some technical help to fix your news reader; it's stuck in a crossposting mode and it's clear you're not up to fixing it yourself. About the only group you're not posting to is alt.test. You might want to try it. I hear those guys read anything.

Carefull you're obsession is showing.

Reply to
stan

; The