Security camera too bright

I have a security camera that plugs into the AV jacks of my TV. The picture is much brighter (blown whites) than when I watch off air broadcasts. If I turn down the brightness the camera looks ok but then everything else is dark. If I connect a potentiometer to the video line and connect the wiper to the TV would that change the brightness?

Reply to
RW

Yes

-- Dan Hollands

1120 S Creek Dr Webster NY 14580
Reply to
Dan Hollands

Along with the sync signal which can cause the monitor not to lock onto the source. Is the video input terminated at 75 ohms? Some are high impedance to loop multiple monitors and require an external 75 ohm terminator. A few have a switchable 75 Ohm termination.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida