RS232 connection information

I have a log which is connected to the gyro by RS232 line (around 3 metres long). I want to take a tapping out of this line and give a parallel feed to the computer 12 metres away. Can I do that? Which is the cheapest wire for such a distance?

My second problem is that I need a GPS multiplexer. I dont think I can get it in India. Is any circuit diagram scematic available whic I can use for makin a simple 2in/1out multiplexer?

Reply to
mnitin73