USB question

I know USB supplies 500mA at 5V. But somehow I need more current. I need USB to provide current to a logitech webcam and 12 LED's. I need a little more current. Any recommendations ? Can I drop the voltage somehow to 3V and draw more current at that voltage ?

Reply to
aman

One simple approach is to use a second USB port for the additional power.

I recently bought a case with electronics to fit a small 40G drive into; it came with a Y at the computer end for plugging into two ports so it can be used with early USB ports that do not provide 500mA. If the computer is up to it, you should be able to draw 500mA from each.

Don

Reply to
Don

Your LED array should use external power to gain the required current.

Reply to
Lord Garth

Lemme guess: IR LEDs?

--