Repeater Router Eliminates Messy Wire Connections?

If you don't want ethernet cable strung all over the house can't you just get a repeater router and plug the ethernet line into that?

No one wants to commit and admit this works.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

Do you wanna turn your own house into a *microwave oven* using lots of wireless routers and repeaters? ;)

--
   @~@   Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
  / v \  Simplicity is Beauty!

Mainly because you either state the obvious or make off the wall statements.

Reply to
Ron M.

Wow! A wireless router. Who could believe such a thing?

Reply to
Tom Biasi

Sno-o-o-o-ort >:-} ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

yeah, it's called a wireless bridge, many access points can be configured as wireless bridges.

Ironically Cisco is one maker of wireless bridges

Jasen Betts

Ethernet cable strung all over the house will reliably distribute data all over the house. Wireless, at its very best, will forever be laden with endless bandwidth-hogging security paranoia and dicey connection schemes. Cable works. Wireless works...sometimes.

Reply to
adule

Most routers have WDS. Now weather different brands work together and route to the local LAN ports is another mystery.

Martin Riddle

Some MP / inventor claims there's enough energy from all the cell phones in London to harvest and charge up small batteries on pollution monitoring units. Cyclists can monitor and GPS tag pollution levels across the city w/o charging up the battery.

A pot hole app would work for cyclists as well. Send the acceleration data back to CalTrans in real time.

If anyone gets cute and deliberately pegs bumps and rumble strips to get his favorite cycling route resurfaced CalTrans software should be able to figger it out.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill