relay information needed PLEASE!!!!

I've purchased a phone system that's capable of releasing typical magnetic locks remotely from any extension phone. An accessory called "external feature module" is responsible for deacivating a mag lock via a terminal block controlled by any phone. The circut is normally closed, when opened the power to the mag lock's rendered deactivated. My mag lock has to be deactivated by closing two leads. For some reason the manufacturer doesn't want the lock to be unpowered in order to gain egress. Here's my question. The telephone manufacturer tells me I need a "normally open" relay that serves a nomally open circut for my type of mag lock. If I select a 12 VDC (INPUT VOLTAGE) SPDT (CONTACT TYPE)

10 AMPS (LOAD RATING @240 VAC), (POWER COMSUMPTION) 115 mA, 5 PIN RELAY

- spade terminal relay. OR DO I NEED AN ENCLOSED POWER RELAY DPST-NO 25 AMPS 12 VDC 158 mA (STANDARD WITH DC INPUT VOLTAGE) CAN YOU PEOPLE HELP ME MAKE THIS FLY?

I need a circut closed to deactivate a magnetic lock. My problem is particular magnetic lock needs two leads closed in order to gain egress. The mag lock's powered by a 12 v. dc transformer. I've selected a telephone system which utilizes an "external feature module" which opens a circut rendering a lock deactivated. Naturally I had to select a mag lock with lots of "bells and whistles" there are 4 leads emminating from it. Two leads provide power and two leads wnhen closed deactivate the lock. I'm not sure wy they use two leads to deacivaste a mag lock when all you really need to do is cut the power.

Reply to
cropseyironworks