Question about electromagnetic waves

Hi, When electric and magnetic waves are 90 degrees to each other, if I rotate the source of the waves by 90 degrees, electric and magnetic waves would interfere each other? Also, I assume that general transmission waves are of high frequecies and each TV antenna would recept same frequency on the same channel, so they might interfere with each other And general human speech is of extremely low frequencies so that transmission waves are at least several Kilo hertz are common, as normal human won't generate that high frequencies? Thanks Jack

Reply to
Jack

I also apply superimposition thorem here Thanks Jack

Reply to
Jack

I'm sorry, but I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to ask in the above. I strongly suspect that no one else who might be able to provide information does, either. If you have access to a local group where you can ask these questions in your native language, you may get better results there.

Bob M.

Reply to
Bob Myers

Hi Jack, I know what you're getting at, and I see your command of the language is fine for your question. In your model, it seems that you are referring to field waves, but those of a squiggly line on paper... meaning a planar sinusoid I would guess. These don't exist in nature, though it is possible to generate and filter light, an electromagnetic wave, in this form... but without the squiggly line cartoon in actuality, though maybe effect. Electric fields and magnetic fields cannot cancel each other out. An electromagnetic wave can cancel another electromagnetic wave however, but to recreate this in a lab setting at radio frequencies would I think mean setting up a phase difference just right with full cancellation taking place within some aperature over a 1/4 the wavelength in diameter. An electric field and magnetic field within a radio wave can be seen as creating each other in the cause an effect view, and don't exist independantly. If you drop a pebble in water, you get an circular radiation pattern. Radio waves propagate outwardly this way, and light nearly the same way... though it is often more elliptical as measured, in a quantum sense spherical is the fundamental pattern and ellipses are the enhancements from antennas or optics.

What you say about TV antennas sounds like you've made some observations fiddling with them, and there seems to be a kernal of truth in your understanding already. As the wavefront crosses the rabbit ear antenna, the wavefront can be out of phase at the second ear, as it arrives later.. this can be calculated as radio waves .. even the squiggly line cartoon kind, move at 2/3 the speed of light, so the radio wavelength would have to be around 4 times the space between the antennas to notice some imperfect cancellation between the two rods as you move them around.

Well, consider that humans emit light at 10uM. Thats a high frequency, and it's an electromagnetic wave... but it's probably not what you were thinking of... Synaptic electrical activity I would think happens at fairly high rates, and I would think there is electro-chemical activity happening at very high speeds on a molecular level. Radio waves should indeed be emitted but would require extremely sensitive means to detect. For sensitivity, right now we humans are up to detecting radio waves from interstellar gas molecules 1000 light years away... so spectral analysis of a human sounds within reach, but a tuner for the gal you fancy may be a far way off... depending on your creativity.

Typically eeg signals go up to 20 Hz. A normal or abnormal human I think would have similar radiation properties, though people with limbs might appear to be better radiators. Rosicrucians and Jehova's witnesses would be indestinguishable (so much for my doorbell / zapper idea).

Another thing to keep in mind is us organic creatures probably do have a regular upper frequency limit for most of what we could conceivably radiate without being struck by a high energy 'particle', and while true it's also true that us organic creatures will probably never have access to the full span of frequencies existing, as the wavelengths are too short to measure. Future versions of physics will have slants in time, twists in space, and things we cannot imagine... so everything is suspect until then.

Anna

Reply to
Anna Banana

Hi Anna, Thanks for your help. I just need to read further in order to understand the concepts. I appreciate it. Thanks Jack

Reply to
Jack