Pic tutorial?!

There´s a lot of PIC tutorials out there, books, Online Guides etc.

Do anybody know of the most comprehensive and informative gudie to the pic-headrome?!

McM

Go to Amazon.com and search for pic, picbasic etc... search for the titles of books you know are out there ...amazon will have reviews of these books from many different users.

My experience with pic books....is that there is no definitive book that will get you going...I dont know of any book out there on pics that will take a complete novice into programming...they ALL assume you know at least a bit of BASIC or some other language. Many of the books are poorly written...typos abound, just bad writing skills.

Use the reviews at amazon, do some reading about BASIC or C or just some programming language to see what it is all about....

take your time...use as many online resources as possible before actually buying hardware

online books

many manuals online too...search for picbasic online tutorial, picbasic manual online....etc....

read as much as you can for free.

here are a couple of newsgroups that could also be of some help...

alt.microcontrollers.8bit

comp.robotics.misc

Reply to
cornytheclown

Thanks for your answer!

I have got a few books on PIC and micro-controllers but it would be great to find a book in the same class as "Bebop to the Boolean Boogie" which I really recommend.

I´ll surely check up your tips and see if I can find something thats not written in the same boring manor like an University exam-paper.

Thanks again!!

/McM

McM