How do I use SOIC chips?

Hi. I have some SOIC-chips, but I don't know how to use them.

How can I solder those small ICs onto a board? Is there any good techniques I should know of? Thanks is advance.

- Jan Rune -

Reply to
Metalicat

see

ehsjr

Try these:

---
Regards,
  Bob Monsen

Mathematics compares the most diverse phenomena and discovers the secret
analogies that unite them.
- Joseph Fourier
Reply to
Bob Monsen

SOIC is very easy to use if you have a board with the appropriate pads on it. Simply put the chip in the appropriate place on the board. Put a little flux on the pin/pads. Wet the tip of the iron with solder. Then hold the part in the appropriate location with a pair of tweezers and with the other hand touch some of the outer pins. This should virtually instantly solder them and hold it in place so you no longer need the tweezers. Re-wet the iron and then go down the rows and solder the other pins. The amount of solder on the iron itself should be adequate to solder them, you do not need to actually bring the solder in contact with the pins. The key here is to have good equipment.

Reply to
notme