Parts Supply House suggestion

I'm going to build a very basic ultrasonic cleaning tank based on a

555 and using a piezoelectric tweeter (which I will probably have to waterproof somehow).

I live in San Diego, CA, and welcome any suggestions for a reliable parts supplier, either local or on the Web.

Anybody 'less expensive' than Radio Shack? (I read an NG comment that they have such tweeters for around $5, but have found piezo tweeters for about $3.80 on the net and, since I am temporarily on disability [ get this: black widow spider bite, siezure, dislocated shoulder, two operations! ], cost is a concern.

Christopher A. Steele Son of Col. M.J. Steele, USASA/AGC, Fts: Devens, Rucker, Lawton, OATerm, + snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

ps. if there is an FAQ that you think I might find useful, please let me know.

Reply to
Christopher A. Steele

Digikey, at

Try to order all your parts at once, so you have at least a $25.00 order. (They charge an additional $5.00, I think, for orders

Reply to
Dave

Everybody is less expensive than Radio Shack :)

For wide selection:

For low prices and surplus: All Electronics Corp. Halted Specialties And numerous others that advertise in the magazine Nuts & Volts.

Reply to
Michael A. Covington

I get pretty good service from bgmicro below:

Si Ballenger

Dave and Michael:

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to give me some advice!

Christopher

Reply to
Christopher A. Steele

A late reply, but if you find yourself in a bind and need something local, you might try Gateway Electronics east of Clairemont Mesa off of Ruffin Road.

Louis Hom