Power consumption of wall-wart power supply?

I'm using a circuit that takes 300mA from a wall-wart 9VDC linear unregulated power supply.

What would be an estimate of the watts it uses from the power lines (in the UK, so ~240VAC)?

Many thanks.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Three.

Reply to
dB

the

Fully loaded about 6watts. Just sitting there, about 3watts regards john

Reply to
john jardine

300 mA x 9 V = 2.7 watts coming out of the wall wart.

Allowing for some inefficiency, maybe as much as 5 watts in.

Reply to
Michael A. Covington

the

Many thanks for the replies to this thread - very simple now I realise! I only need a rough figure so that's great.

Steve

Reply to
Steve