OT: Fastener Question

Does such a fastener exist...

I want to snap a steel bar over these "pegs" but with a quick push-to-release feature.

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I think what you're looking for is akin to the mechanism on a socket wrench ratchet handle. I've seen similar mechanisms on bike trailer wheels (push a button, a trapped ball bearing is allowed to drop back into the shaft and the hub can then slide off).

Reply to
Ralph Barone

Like this

Ralph Barone

Yes but its reversed from what you want.

Martin Riddle

Thats a Goesinta, he needs a Goesonta.

Martin Riddle

I can't tell what's being clamped and in what direction in the diagram.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Or this , although I suspect you don't need Mil-spec.

Reply to
Ralph Barone

Your automobile is full of similar fasteners used to hold plastic side panels in place. See if any of these looks close:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Yep, that scheme would work, just need to find one not attached to a socket wrench ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I made my own smaller symbols in PSpice for ports and named them gozinta, gozouta and gozbi ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Those look really nice... and expensive :-( ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Amazon is always a good lead! ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Pegs would hang down from a shelf, and bar would be pushed up from below to snap over the pegs. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I know about those, bought a packet recently to repair my loose trunk liner, but they're semi-permanent, to release means pushing out the center pin. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Check out this link:

McMaster-Carr isn't the cheapest but they have a great variety to choose from. Carr-Lane and Reid also make these types of devices, if I recall coirrectly. DE-STA-CO I think also makes them. Fastenall is another company that sells some of this type of device. If you had asked in RCM you may have had even more answers. Eric

etpm

I've seen similar gizmos that have a handle sticking out so you can just grab and pull to release.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.
Reply to

How about linch pins (Lynch), you do need to provide a shoulder with hole for them.

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

Artemus

Heavy Box of Kitchen Trash Bags. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Quick release pin?

Art

Reply to