On the Use of Crutch Words In Speech & Text

>> I think this could also be accomplished by stringing a grid of wires over

> >> the field, and using a trolley that rides on the wires. > >That's certainly possible -- the "trolly tractor" was last summer's > >idea -- but requires a lot of wire. It's actually cheaper to use a > >battery. > >> It's not as simple > >> as a locomotive or streetcar, where a single hot wire can bu used, and the > >> return current through the tracks. But I think a system could be devised to > >> provide electricity to a tractor by means of a controlled tether. It could > >> definitely be done with a set of tracks that would move the supply line to > >> be in-line with the movement of the tractor, and then have a trolley with a > >> power cord that supplies the tractor. It would involve some engineering, > >> initial investment, and maintenance, but should be about 95% efficient for > >> energy conversion. > >Another option is to eliminate the tractor altogether and drag the > >plow and other impliments off of a "super pivot," the common "crop > >circle" irrigation structure beefed up for the heavier load. > >The impliments would move inward for a spiral furrow. > Um, you might reconsider any plans you have to be a farmer.

Using crutch words like "you know" or noises like "um" is bad enough in speech. It text it is even worse, a sure sign of a nobody with nothing to say.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

Being that this is an electronics group, you might, umm, consider saying something about electronics.

John

s over

heaper to use a

and the

vised to

t could

line to

y with a

ring,

ent for

th

Now that you've twisted my arm (ouch! yawzaa! puleese don't fling me into dat briar patch) using 1/6th the power drawn by an electric locomotive, a 400 hp articulated battery electric tractor could charge up in two minutes or less per pass on a quarter square thereby saving over $100/hour-- soon to be $300/hour -- in diesel.

And _no_ I will _not_ let you off the hook for saying furrows could not be circular or spiral.

There was no excuse for saying something that dumb.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

over

the

devised to

could

with a

for

Cite?

John

over

the

devised to

could

with a

for

--
The whole spiral plowing idea is pretty stupid for large agricultural
operations, but what\'s even stupider is having the plow spiral

JF
Reply to
John Fields