Need to identify leads on a 2N3568 transistor

I cannot find any info on the web for the pin identification on this TO-92 transistor. Can anyone help? Is there a way of identifing which is collector and which is emmiter with a multimeter or something.....assuming of course that the base is the middle pin? Thanks

Reply to
royalmp2001

According to a data sheet from

It has a standard EBC lead order, looking across the flat, with the leads down.

Reply to
John Popelish

"Jamie"

** Nope.

When using a DMM in " diode test " mode - the voltage from Base to Collector is the lower one, by 5 or 10 millivolts.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

well since its a US type of tranny... my guess is this. base is in the middle.. looking at the bottom, the flat side to your left, Collector TOP, Base in the middle and emitter bottom.

normally you can get a lower forward reading on the (Be) base to emitter using a diode tester.

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

What I would do is go to google and search for ' 2N3568 pdf' Your bound to find the data sheet that way. stephen balstone steve balstone

Reply to
steve.balstone

What I would do is go to google and search for '2n3568 pdf' You're bound to find the datasheet somewhere there. Steve balstone stephen balstone

Reply to
steve.balstone

What I would do is go to google and search for '2n3568 pdf' You're bound to find the datasheet somewhere there. Steve balstone stephen balstone

Reply to
steve.balstone

if it's s bipolar transistor (not a FET) the base will act like a diode connected to each other pin. the direction of the diode will tell you if PNP or NPN

telling collector from emitter is harder - the easiest way is to try both configurations in a transistor tester and pick the one that works best,

else with the base identified connect a 100K resistor from the base to the suspected collector then measure resistance from collector to emitter

try with the other terminal as collector (move the resistor, and probes), the configuration that has the lowest resistance is with the resistor from collector to base (when the probe are not on the base)

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

Hi. If you need just a quick pinout on a transistor (and possibly a quick summary data sheet), you could do worse than to punch the number in at NTE Semiconductor, a vendor of replacement and repair components, semis and ICs.

You'd cross to NTE128 and this data sheet:

Good luck Chris

Reply to
Chris

"Jamie on Mars "

** Bunkum.

** More bunkum.

Reply to
Phil Allison

hmm, just about every transistor i have tested over here in the past has given me a lower reading via the base to emitter. this lower reading is normally due to the effects of low break down voltage that is common among bipolar units. much like a zener effect. infact, in the past i have used (Be) of bipolar for 6 volt zeners.