PCB Software

Hi there all, I am looking for a entry level PCB package that is under 200$, the big ones like orcad proteus and eagle are to expensive, can anyone suggest another option, I have downloaded a demo of Ranger 2 by Seetrax, any thoughts?

1) Need 500 Pins

2) I have been using a pirate version of Orcad and want to get my things in order so if it can use Orcad files all the better.

3) 2 layers.

4) Like an auto router.

Reply to
Jannie du Preez

pbdelete

I suggest checking out Rimu PCB

or Eagle PCB (eaglecad.com) -- both meet your price and layer objectives... neither has an auto-router built-in, and I don't know about ORCAD import. (To tell you the truth, though, even the multi-thousand dollar packages often do a poor job of importing all but the simplest of schematics from other systems.)

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

Rimu is the only payware package that meets your budget.[1] gEDA (DJ Delorie's "PCB" has already been mentioned), KiCAD, and TinyCAD are all open-source. . .

Forget that. All the data will have to be re-entered--especially on your budget.

*-*-*-*-*-*-limitations-of-*-compatibility+zzz+opening-PCAD/Accel-*-*-*-*-*-with-*-Pulsonix-*+*-*-*-*-*-any-serious-CAD-programs-*-can-*-make-a-net-list-that-has-the-*-package-information
*-*-have-equivalents-in-*-other-packages+Pulsonix-*-*-*-*-above-anything-else-*-*-*-*-importing+Autovue+doesn't+zzz+*-*-only-a-viewer+retrieve-data+*-*-*-limited-*-list-of-compatible-versions+*-*-exist+limitations-*-what-will-import-successfully+supports The best you can do is make a screenshot of the old stuff and import it as a temporary layer, using it as a template

--clumbsy at best. . . [1] EAGLE can be had for $200 per module (160mm x 100mm). You could license the Layout module only and use the freeware Autorouter and Schematic Capture modules (requires batch files to swap registered/freeware keys).

Reply to
JeffM

Er, Harry Eaton's "PCB" (formerly Thomas Nau's "PCB"). I'm just one of the developers, and not even in the top half of the totem pole. I just happen to be the one developer that frequents these groups ;-)

Reply to
DJ Delorie

10-4. That's me mistaking *highest profile hereabouts* with *lone hand on the tiller*.
Reply to
JeffM

Response via email from Jannie du Preez:

Please respond to Usenet posts IN THE GROUP.

Reply to
JeffM