need help regarding atmega 8 microcontroller

i am basically new to AVR and have just started using ATmega8. I have been using the 1 Mhz internal RC clock for my projects. I would like to use 8 Mhz internal clock. Can somebody please spare some time and tell me how to change the various settings.. there seems to be an elaborate process. reading signature byte, calibration byte , OSCCAL register....please tell me stepwise what to do?

I am using an USB-ASP programmer.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
ashishshukla19