Need help finding a couple parts

I am replacing a fuse holder in an audio amplifier and need to find a source for the following:

3.3 megaOhm resistor 10% tolerance

4A 125V slo-blo panel fuse holder

I went to the local radio shack and they had no idea where to find the resistor and said they would have to order the fuse holder which could take weeks.

I am guessing these are common parts that can be found locally or online -- I just don't know where. I am out of my element here. Please reply via email if possible - you can probably tell I don't come here often. ;-)

-Dan in Pennsylvania

Reply to
tboner

1) This is not Google Groups. This is Usenet. You should find out what that is; add the word "community" to your search. 2) If you can't be bothered to come back, why should anyone bother to reply.

megohm (no "a" with resistors); lower case "o"

You probably have a dead-tree copy of the Yellow Pages near your telephone.

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:F5DGEQNaB_kJ:astrosun.tn.cornell.edu/staff/loredo/ee.html+digikey+mouser+newark+allied+all-electronics+bg-micro (Minimum orders are in effect)

Reply to
JeffM

Often cited possibilities for general parts like this include:

Digikey (I'm sure) and several others (I'm pretty sure) don't have minimum orders but will charge shipping/handling for orders less than some minimum. Usually not too hard to find enough toys to meet the minimum, though ...

Also, strongly recommend shrouding your email address in some manner whenever posting to usenet (also note, usenet != Google).

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Google requires a valid email address to get an account. (They send a verification code.) They always include that address in the header for messages from that account. They do munge *anything* that contains an @ in the middle of a string. and you have to do a CAPTCHA to see those.

The best someone who posts from Google can do (without a redirection service) is use a throw-away account to sign up and obfuscate his real addy in the mesage body / footer.

Reply to
JeffM

For locally: check the yellow pages "electronic component suppliers"

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

... Please

It doesn't work that way. You post a question to USENET, you come back to USENET for your answers.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

It is good to see that if he does come back he will not only find some advice in finding what he wants but he will also have found an ass to go along with it.

JeffM wrote:

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:F5DGEQNaB_kJ:astrosun.tn.cornell.edu/staff/loredo/ee.html+digikey+mouser+newark+allied+all-electronics+bg-micro

Reply to
ketterj

Eat shit and die, clueless top poster.

Reply to
JeffM

Not in any defence or support of the OP, the various ISPs are in the process of restricting usenet access. My father has been part of the usenet community since the mid 90's and swears by it, such that he wasn't too chuffed to log on a few weeks back after coming out of hospital and to find the ports blocked, the servers gone. He uses an IBM XT-286 with 16Mb (16Mb!!! now that's some expansion, REALLY!!).

The 'corporates' would like to brainwash the newer users of the net into believing it's only flash based web pages and .pdf files which are the web. They would like you to think that a PIII-800 with 256Mb of RAM and XP is a minimum spec.

For the OP: USENET is another completely separate 'transport' of what you see to be the Internet. In some respects it still maintains an element of human common sense in that a stupid and thoroughly unhelpful answer WILL be given to a stupid question. The 'Internet' and programming languages as you see it are not what computers are about, what's 00101010 in decimal? This is not a friendly place, well it is if you ask the right questions, it's more friendly than the 'Internet' which you've been conditioned into thinking is all there is... Don't take it to heart, well, do take it to heart exactly that, and become part of our very healthy community (of what's left of it).

Reply to
techie_alison

my isp "rogers communications", discontinued all newsgroup services early this year too after who knows how many years the had it. Was part of the subscription too, rw

Reply to
ryan wiehl

A 3.3 megohm 10% resistor may be a bit hard to find - you may have to settle for 5% (closer tolerance, better part)

You probably want a fuseholder for the common (if you are in North America) 1-1/4" x 1/4" fuses, and some slow-blow fuses to put in it.

Most fuse holders will hold several styles of fuses, and any current rating in those styles.

I see that someone else suggested Digikey and some other suppliers.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca