Nanosolar Power - Home-made cells?

I've seen from the web several models for producing nanosolar cells. As far as I understood, these kind of solar cells are made into thin- film rolles. The question is: Can I do it myself at home, with very simple tools and machines? Anyones could be please helping me on this?

Reply to
Kieu Anh Doan

JFGI:

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Hmm? This old 2005 technology?

"The Nanosolar plant in San Jose, once in full production in 2008, will be capable of producing 430 megawatts per year. This is more than the combined total of every other solar manufacturer in the U.S."

They claim to be selling panels at 90 cents a watt - doubtless there's a few manufacturing patents and some royalties to pay before you could compete.

Reply to
default

No.

John

Sure... just buy the stock of a solar company! Then you can make them from the comfort of your own home.

Or, if you insist:

"The cell produces 50 microamps at 0.25 volts. This is 0.0000125 watts (12.5 microwatts). Don't expect to light light bulbs or charge batteries with this device. It can be used as a light detector or light meter, but it would take acres of them to power your house.

The 0.0000125 watts (12.5 microwatts) is for a 0.01 square meter cell, or 1.25 milliwatts per square meter. To light a 100 watt light bulb, it would take 80,000 square meters of cuprous oxide for the sunlit side, and 80,000 square meters of copper for the dark electrode.

There are 17,222,256.7 square feet in 1,600,000 square meters. If copper sheeting costs $5 per square foot, the copper alone would cost $86,110,283.50 USD. Making it one tenth the thickness can bring this down to $8,611,028.35. Since you are buying in bulk, you might get it for half that, or about $4,300,000.00. "

75 watts for $500

Just buy it already.

Michael

Reply to