Motor Controller Newbie

Fairly new lurker here, electronic newbie. I just obtained a 3 HP Baldor DC motor catalog number 6d6203. Nameplate reads:

VOLTS 180A/200/100F AMP 13.2A/45/9F RPM 750 Service Factor 1

May I please have a recommendation or direction on how I might get a motor controller for this DC motor. The application is for a medium metal lathe spindle drive. I would at least like to have variable speed and torque, electronic braking and instant reverse. Reasonable pricing would be definitely desireable, specific surplus sourcing is preferred to new because of price. Input power would be 120 or 240VAC single phase. I can follow schematic diagrams and do fairly well with electronic assembly/soldering without understanding the electronic components and what they do for those who would like to direct me to some kit or someones homebuilt controller. Any constructive input would be deeply appreciated.

Reply to
trg-s338

Not a build it yourself thing, but I used to use these very effectively

if you are in the UK I have a source for these shld you be interested

pete d

Reply to
Pete D

Try Dart Controls. I purchased one of of their controls to replace a failed control in an old treadmill. Works well.

Freelance Embedded Systems Eng

control in an old treadmill. Works well.

Thank you for your response, I will look into the Dart Controls

Reply to
trg-s338