Monostable multivibrator

Does anyone know of how I can relate the importance of the monostable multivibrator to day-to-day applications? I only know of its application in rising/falling edge detectors

Reply to
Neutrino Cruiser

LOL, Google "555"! :-)
Reply to
John Fields

If you think *detection* is the most important part of that app, you have missed the entire point.

JeffM

Neutrino Cruiser skrev:

A mm. is typically used in pulse generators that is capable to vary its pulse width while the frequency remains the same. That is, if the mm. is capable to vary the hold time. Or, if the mm has a fixed time, the output frequency from the pulse generator may vary, and therefore the duty cycle 'll vary.

Put simply: Pulse generator -> Monostable M. -> output

And you are likely to put an schmitt trigger just after the mm. to get a clean pulse.

Some useful links:

duty cycle

Monostable Multivibrator

Mr Grab