LEDs in parallel

I find it easier to just killfile krw. ...Jim Thompson

at have to

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

Oh, I'm all set up to do that. (testing diode thermometers) Here's a link...(Image shack now wants me to register, so that's the end of that.)

I could only get to 10mA. (The most my current source will do.) So not into the ohmic region. The straight line is drawn by eye.

George H.

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

ide quoted text -

Reply to
George Herold

com

that have to

PN

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

ale

=B0K

Oh I forgot to add that at 10mA the diode was heating up and the forward voltage dropping, so the 725 mV number was the first thing the DMM registered... and readings went down from there.

Geo

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 |

George Herold

have to

[snip]

Various model cards show D1N4148 with Rs (bulk resistance) = 0.56 to

0.8 Ohms ...Jim Thompson

have to

[snip]

Semiconductors are notoriously difficult to measure. You have to do pulse testing to keep it from moving during the measurement. ...Jim Thompson

oo.com

es that have to

f a PN

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

red a

.

scale

of

00=B0K

So

=A0 =A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

Grin... Pulsing is beyond my test setup. But last time I looked at these I subtracted the adjacent numbers (112.24, 112.79 and 118.78 for the largest three,) and then atributed the difference in the last one (6mV) to the resistance. 0.6 ohms in this case.

George H.

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

ide quoted text -

Reply to
George Herold

Is there anyone you haven't killfiled, old man?

Reply to
krw

He's killfiled me several times. And then he cheats.

--

John Larkin, President
Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

both

limits

the

excuses

accurate

Often useful for tran' sisters. Not necessarily good for engineers.

Reply to
josephkk

pronunced win-jing

I'd consider whining to be high pitched and whinging moderate to low pitched so it's closer to grumbling or moaning than to whining.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

Well, then I think Ratso is whining.

--

John Larkin, President       Highland Technology Inc

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

One wonders about that. Looking through history, the more brilliant someone is, the more likely they're crazy.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Of course. Ideas come from permeability in the barriers that segrate ideas and brain functions. Schitzophrenia comes from a more complete breakdown.

I guess attachment to reality works the same way. If you can reasonably suspend conventional concepts of what's possible and impossible, you can better explore the solution space. If you suspend all limits on the possible, you become a loonie.

Here's another interesting relationship: the more politically powerful a person is, the more likely that they are sociopaths.

--

John Larkin, President       Highland Technology Inc

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

have to

--
Not 1N4148 per se, but silicon in general.

From Motorola's 1980 silicon rectifier data manual.
Reply to
John Fields

have to

Yep. Actually, that double curve reminds me that, if you do that for IB _and_ IC of a _transistor_, you can derive all kinds of model parameters. I did that, with assistance from my son Aaron, in the early '80's writing the solution of that problem as a Pascal executable. (Damn! I thought nothing of it then, but Aaron was only

12 years old at the time! He's gone on to be in charge of all software creation and utilization for the world's largest call-center corporation... working from his farm house in San Tan Valley, AZ :-) ...Jim Thompson

have to

--
You've done well, Jim, congratulations. :-)
Reply to

have to

Yep. All my children have done me proud ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Profound observation.

May I add?:

The more "god-fearing" a person, the greater likelihood of a sociopath.

Reply to
default

You have that entirely backwards. Read this:

John Larkin, President       Highland Technology Inc

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

NymNoNuts can't read, let alone comprehend. ...Jim Thompson